Cosplay Contest Run of Show & Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- How To Enter.
The Borderlands 3 Museum of Mayhem Cosplay Contest (“Contest”) will take place on Saturday, July 20, 2019 (“Contest Date”) at Comic Con® International: San Diego (“Event”). Eligible contestants who want to participate in the Contest must line up at the Sparks Gallery in advance starting at 3:30pm PT. The first 30 eligible Cosplayers to line up, starting at 3:30pm PT – wearing Borderlands cosplay – will qualify for the Contest. Registration will close at 4:30pm PT on the Contest Date and the official Contest event will begin at 5:00pm PT. Limit one (1) entry per contestant.
Each contestant will be given a custom lanyard, labeled with an ID number and will be be asked to wear that lanyard (along with their cosplay) throughout the Contest. Each contestant must comply with the Official Rules, including the Contest Guidelines and Restrictions set forth in Section 5, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Participation open only to attendees of the Event, who are at least 18 or older as of date of entry. Void outside of Event and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Sponsor’s employees, officers and directors and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- Winner Determination:
- At the start of the Contest, , all 30 Cosplayers will parade across the stage, where an esteemed panel of 3 judges (“Judges”) will make their selections for the Top 15 Semi-Finalists based on the following equally-weighted judging criteria (“Judging Criteria”): (a) Creativity; (b) Costume’s resemblance to the character it is based on and (c) Craftsmanship skill. In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Creativity category will determine the Semi-Finalist.
- ,Our host will announce the Top 15 Semi-Finalists, welcoming them one-by-one onto the stage. Each of the Top 15 Semi-Finalists will then have the chance to walk out on stage and strike a heroic pose - giving the Judges a closer look. The Judges will then select their Top 3 Finalists based on the Judging Criteria. In the event of a tie, the highest score in the Creativity category will determine the Finalist.
- Our host will announce and invite the Top 3 Finalists on stage and interview each of them, asking about their cosplay – how they made it, why they chose the character, etc. (“Interview Responses”)
The three (3) Finalists will each receive a Collector’s Edition of Borderlands 3 (ARV of each Finalist prize: $249.99). One (1) winner will receive a one-of-a-kind cosplay weapon designed by Nerdist (ARV of the Contest winner prize: $200) and have the honor of being crowned the cosplay champion!
Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. All taxes and unspecified expenses are the responsibility of winners. Winners will be notified at the Event and may be required to sign and return, where legal, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability/Publicity Release within time frame designated by Sponsor. If any winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Contest rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to the contestant with the next highest score.
- Contest Guidelines and Restrictions.
By entering, each contestant agrees that his or her Costume conforms to the Content Guidelines and Restrictions below and that Sponsor, in their sole discretion, may disqualify a contestant from the Contest if it believes, in their sole discretion, that the contestant is not in compliance with these Official Rules.
- Each contestant must dress up as a Borderlands character.
- Each contestant may only enter one (1) costume into competition.
- No group entries. Each contestant will be entered as an individual.
- Costumes can be either partially store-bought. However, at least 30% of your costume must be handmade.
- No weapons. All prop weapons must be non-working and peace bonded. No functioning projectile weapons – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols. No blades or sharp edges allowed. Use good judgment. Weapons not complying with safety standards may be confiscated at the discretion of the Museum of Mayhem Team.
- No explosive or messy special effects allowed,
- Anything with wheels, except for wheelchairs, are NOT allowed inside the building. This includes skateboards, scooters, bicycles, etc.
- No profanity, political or religious statements allowed on stage. No racist, sexist, inappropriate, obscene, hateful, defamatory, unlawful or homophobic remarks. This includes messages on signs or clothes. Violators will be removed and disqualified at the discretion of the Sponsor and Judges.
- No nudity.
- Footwear is required.
- Sponsor and Judges have the right to disqualify any one from the Contest on basis of taste, danger to audience, danger to facility, one’s self, or violation of any of the above rules and any other reason deemed sufficient.
- Sponsor reserve the right to make adjustments or modifications to the Official Rules at any time to improve the clarity of the rules or the operation of the cosplay event.
Participation in Contest and/or acceptance of prize constitutes each contestant’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, costume and/or any statements made by each entrant regarding the Contest or the Sponsor for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants and winners agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Gearbox Software, Nerdist Industruea, LLC and their advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors (collectively, “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Contest, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Contest-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action. Contestants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Contest in any way shall be disqualified. Sponsor is not responsible if Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
Sponsor: Sponsored by 2K Games, Inc. (“2K”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc., 10 Hamilton Landing, Novato, CA 94949.